Sunday 18 August 2013

Canning season is here & I have been a busy little bumblebee. I am sure having a lot of fun!
Have you ever wondered what 100 pounds of tomatoes would look like, when it was finished being canned? Well, now you don't need to wonder, because you can see for yourself. I added up all the tomatoes we've bought in the last 3 weeks (I also get some freebies from the Salvation Army, due to the wonderful generosity of local gardeners, farmers & other folks. And several jars went straight into the fridge & got eaten up). Plus I am not quite finished the box we picked up yesterday. So I did the math & this roughly 100 pounds of tomatoes:
It was a lot of fun, but I am glad my canning season is nearly over.
Darn it, I am craving a Frosty's hat right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment