Thursday 1 August 2013

I just ran out of St. Ives' Vanilla skin crème. Actually, that's not completely accurate. It would more accurate to say that what was left was no longer accessible. The way it is designed, when there is about 1 & 1/2 inches left, it can no longer reach the bottom of the tube attached to the squirt top mechanism, which is frustrating. It's very thick, so even trying to leave it upside-down overnight in another container didn't work very well. Also, because of the container's shape, it is very difficult to clean out, so the plastic can be recycled. Here is what I ended up having to do:
I had to cut the top off the container, and use a tiny spoon, to get the remaining crème out of the container, so it wouldn't be wasted. It was too thick to even use the funnel. Seriously, there really should be an easier way to package this, to ensure there isn't a lot of wasted product & to make it easier to recycle the plastic container. I read somewhere that plastics may take up to 1,000 years to bio-degrade! That's horrible. I re-cycle a lot, but I wish that companies, would help us out & make it easier for us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment